Friday 12 April 2013

Mummy Cupcakes

No one escapes the cupcake curse.

     Certainly not me, anyway. These are salted caramel cupcakes with salted caramel icing. Good lord. It's a toss-up between these and the Leprechaun Cupcakes for the title of Most Delicious Thing I've Made for the Blog. The recipe is here. I highly recommend it. I used a ribbon tip to make the bandages, and chocolate chips for the eyes.




Photo credits: Kelly Garsha

     The most interesting mummy movie I've seen would have to be Bubba Ho-Tep (2002). I'm not that drawn to mummies for their own horror merit, so there has to be some comedy for me to get into it. This movie fits the bill. In it, senior citizens Elvis Presley and John F. Kennedy defend their nursing home from a mummy looking to snack on some souls. You read that correctly. There are some hilarious one-liners that I unfortunately can't repeat here. You'll just have to see it for yourself.


"Thank you. Thank you very much."

Any Bruce Campbell fans out there? You might be interested in the Evil Dead Cake I made a while back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment